Monday, September 5, 2011

Where in the world was I?

Dear Family, Friends and Readers,

I was inspired to play a bit of a game with posting pictures. For all those who remember the very popular kid's game show "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?", here is "Where in the world is Sean DeWitt?" No, this is not some conceited game, but just a fun way of getting feedback from y'all and posting some pictures.

We will start easy. The first picture is a picture of me after the one of, if not the most famous horse races in the world in which 10 neighborhoods compete for a depiction of the Virgin Mary Assumed. Where was I?


The second is of a garden in Vatican territory where Pope Pius XII famously hid hundreds of Italian Jews during World War II knowing that the Nazi's would not break Vatican Sovereignty. Where was I?


The last picture is of me sitting on a top of a mountain near Assisi. In fact, the white cluster of buildings in the background is Assisi. Halfway up this mountain is St. Francis' famous hermitage to which he made many retreats from the hustle and bustle of Assisi. Where was I?


Please feel free to comment your guesses. Enjoy.



1 comment:

  1. Here goes nothing...
    1) Palio di Siena
    2) Tough one....Vatican Gardens? ;-) Cheap quess....sorry...
    3) Monte Subasio

    ReplyDelete